Scholarship Description: The Macquarie University is pleased to offer PhD Scholarship in Medicine and Healthcare Intelligence (AI). The scholarships are awarded under the supervision of Prof Enrico Coiera and other experienced researchers at the Centre for Health Informatics.
The aim of this research program is to investigate the future role of AI in healthcare and its social, ethical and technical implications.
Degree Level: This scholarship is available to eligible candidates to undertake: Direct entry into a 3 year PhD program.
Available Subject: Scholarship is awarded to work on the project til, “Artificial Intelligence in Medicine and Healthcare”.
Scholarship Award: The value and tenure of the scholarship are:
- The MQRTP full-time stipend rate is $27,082 per annum (in 2018) tax-exempt, for up to 3 years (indexed annually)
- The scholarship is comprised of a Tuition Fee Offset and a Living Allowance Stipend
Eligible Nationalities: Australian and international students can apply for these scholarships.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for a scholarship, applicants are expected to have a record of excellent academic performance and preferably, additional relevant research experience and/or peer-reviewed research activity, awards and/or prizes in line with the University’s scholarship rating guidelines.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure: Applicants will need to complete an HDR Candidature and Scholarship Application Form and arrange for two academic referee reports to be submitted to the Higher Degree Research Office.
- Go to the online application form to register as an applicant.
- Fill out the application form and upload the required documents; note you will only be able to submit the application if all mandatory fields and the required supporting documentation has been attached. If you don’t have it organised, save the application and come back to it later. If you are unable to upload your documents to the required section please attempt to upload them to ‘Z29 Additional Documents supporting you Application (if applicable)’.
- Click Submit; an acknowledgement of receipt will be sent to your email.
- Once submitted, track the progress of your application by logging into the application portal.
Deadline: July 31, 2018