The program aims to recruit young research talents and the candidates will be selected based on excellence.
The Arctic MSCA-IF program aims to recruit and support excellent junior scientists from outside Norway who plan to submit applications for independent research fellowships through the mobility program Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowship (MSCA-IF) in order to pursue an academic research career.
The University of the Arctic (UArctic) is a cooperative network of universities, colleges, research institutes and other organizations concerned with education and research in and about the North.
- Application Deadline: June 2, 2018
- Course Level: Program is available to pursue postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Program is awarded to all courses offered in the university for a Marie Sklodowska Curie individual fellowship (MSCA-IF).
- Scholarship Award: Successful postdoc candidates will be invited to Tromsø (travel and accommodation expenses covered) for a two-day MSCA-IF symposium on June 30-31, 2018. At this event, the candidates will present their past research achievements, discuss future plans with their potential supervisor and learn how to write a successful MSCA-IF application. Together with the supervisor, the selected candidates will start developing their MSCA-IF application towards the MSCA-IF deadline of September 12th, 2018.
- Nationality: Researchers may be of any nationality.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Researchers may be of any nationality.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
The applicant must be an «Experienced Researcher»; he/she shall, by the time of the deadline (September 12th 2018), be in possession of a doctoral degree or have at least four years of full-time equivalent research experience. The ER can be of any nationality.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: The program aims to recruit young research talents and the candidates will be selected based on excellence. For most (but not all) research fields there will be a requirement of (at least) one published article as the first author in a peer-reviewed journal. The application has to contain a CV (including publication list) and a research outline document (up to 2 pages), which describes briefly possible research activities the applicant would want to pursue at UiT. Applications are submitted to ArcticMSCA-at-uit.no.