The University of Sheffield offers the Merit Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students who show exceptional academic potential starting a postgraduate taught master’s programme at the University in September.
Each Scholarship is worth 70% tuition fee discount of your postgraduate taught masters degree tuition fee per year, for one year of study. The Scholarships will take the form of a tuition fee reduction.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: The Master’s Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
To be eligible for the Master’s postgraduate Scholarships:
- Applicants must have applied for and being offered a study place at the University of Sheffield to be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
- Applicants must apply for a study place by Friday 15 June, 2018 for entry in September 2018 to be able to apply for Scholarships.
- The Scholarship application is a separate online process to apply for a course. A link to the online scholarship application will be sent by email to all eligible students from April onwards.
- The Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the supporting statement. The final decision will be made by an academic panel.
- The Scholarship can be awarded in conjuction with other University of Sheffields Scholarships as long as the individual does not become fully funded, for tuition fee purposes, as a result of some of these awards.
- The Scholarship will take the form of a tuition fee reduction only.
- The Scholarship is for full-time and part-time students only. Students studying online or via distance learning are not eligible for the Scholarships.
- part-time students will receive the full value of a one year scholarship split pro rata over the duration of an euivalent single full-time academic year.
- These scholarships exclude postgraduate courses in Clinical Dentistry.
Value of Scholarship: 70% tuition fee discount
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarship will take one year of postgraduate study
How to Apply: If you wish to be considered for this scholarship, you need to apply. English students will automatically be sent details of how to aplly from March onwards.
Sponsors: University of Sheffield, UK
Important Notes: Applicants cannot apply for Scholarships before being offered a study place at sheffield.
Subject Areas: master’s courses offered at th University
- East and South Africa: Kenya, Uganda, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, South Africa, Tanzania, Mauritius
- Middle East and North Africa: Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Iraq, Oman, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco.
- South East Asia: Brunei, Indonesia, Malasia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
- Hong Kong, Nigeria, Pakistan, Japan, S.Korea, Turkey, Norway
Application Deadline: 22nd June 2018