At Google, we believe information should be universally accessible. Our education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers that prevent them from entering these fields.
As part of our commitment, we’ve partnered with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities while they pursue education and promising careers, to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science. Selected students will receive 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2018-2019 school year and will be invited to attend the Google Scholars’ Retreat in the summer of 2018.
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Have, or consider themselves to have, a visible or invisible disability (See Lime Connect’s definition here)
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Plan to enroll as a full-time student at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Maintain a strong academic performance
- Be pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a degree in a closely related technical field
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for computer science and technology
You will be asked to complete an online application through Lime Connect which includes:
- General background information (e.g., contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to three essay questions
The 2018 application is now closed. Please check back in fall 2018 for the application for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool.
Terms & Conditions
The Google Lime Scholarship is administered by Lime Connect. Please see Lime Connect’s website for complete information on the scholarship. Google may retain anonymized versions of application submissions as a reference for future scholarship review.
Still have questions? Email email@example.com.